Saturday, August 26, 2006

Owie Emma

The other day Emma and I were at the Johnston library. She was playing in the kid area and I was reading a magazine. She was spinning around and singing. All of a sudden I heard a thud and saw her laying in front of the window. I picked her up, and hugged her while she cried. I assumed that she'd hit her head on the window because she was dizzy from spinning. She stopped crying and I went to stand her up when I noticed the blood on my hand....then on my shirt...then on Emma's shirt, head, hands, and the library carpet. Holy shit! There was blood all over her hair, dripping. I picked her up and ran to the bathroom. I noticed the librarian and yelled "can you help me?!". So Emma and I sat in the bathroom trying to get the bleeding to stop, while the librarian got other librarians and the first aid kit. It was a mess. Emma has a high pain tolerance so after the initial 30 seconds of crying, she just sat there and let us freak. She must have cut herself on the ledge of the window and not the window itself. It turned out to only be a small cut, but those head wounds bleed forever. I was kind of scared to look. "If I see skull, I'm going to shit"....I said to the librarian. ;) Emma is fine now, and didn't need stitches or anything. I wonder how she'll react the next time we go to the library?
Here is a pic of her poor little blood stained shirt. It's not too bad, but getting the stains out was tricky.

No comments: