Thursday, August 10, 2006

Football

Sometime ago Kyle announced that he wanted to play football. In Ames they started football in 3rd grade, so we'd told him all along that he's have to wait until then. When we moved I did what I thought was adequate and continually checked the Ankeny and Urbandale park and rec websites for fall football information. Well yesterday I found out that neither one have football as part of the park and rec. Instead Ankeny has a junior football league. How someone new to town is supposed to know this is beyond me. So anyway, I checked out the registration info and found out it was last month. Arg! So I called and convinced the wife of the head coach that I needed to register Kyle....and my powers of persuasion are mighty because I'm dropping off a check to her today. Kyle is going to be soooooo excited.

No comments: