Saturday, June 03, 2006

I'm back.....miss me?

What a crazy week it's been. And I'm so accustomed to using the internet that I was so whacked out being in a new place without it. I even had trouble finding a Chinese restaurant that delivers because I couldn't just go look it up and I'm so not used to finding Ankeny stuff in the Des Moines phone book. Anyway let's see:
The guy who was living here was an even bigger knob than first anticipated. He still had shit here including his cat, the day we took possession. Then he told our realtor that the fridge that was sold with the house was broken and that he replaced it. Yeah, right. So we are now waiting to get a repairman out here to fix the leaking problem on it. Then, the night we moved in, we went to Walmart and came back to find that someone had run over our mailbox. What the fuck?! So on our first day as Ankeny residents, we called the cops. At first I was thinking "our neighbors are going to think we are such losers", but when the cop showed up he made some comments about being here before on "domestic" calls and being glad that someone else moved in. So needless to say, I'm sure the neighbors are used to seeing cops around here. ;) Other than that everything has been going along fine. We've had tons of help and we've been working ourselves and our family to the bone. I'm so tired of cleaning!!!!!! It's so nice to feel like I'm in the midst of everything though....like my friends can just stop over instead of planning ahead two weeks before. The house even feels like a better fit...we're outside more, we're eating dinner as a family at the table every night, Rob and I have our own private space, we've got enough room for everyone to cohabit without tripping over one another....it's just really nice.
I haven't yet hooked up my camera to the computer, so I don't have any pictures to share yet, but here is an old one that just makes me laugh because it reminds me of a picture that I took of a girl that we used to call "ketchup pants" and she used that picture of herself in a shopping cart as her sign in picture in every online group she belonged to.

No comments: