Saturday, September 23, 2006

Random thoughts

I read on a friend's blog that John Stamos was joining the cast of ER. Thank God I stopped watching that show a couple of years back because I don't think my stomach could stand the Stamos-ing of ER. Next thing you know they'll be bringing in Horshack for some meaty, dramatic role. "Oooo, Oooo, Oooo, we've got a trauma in curtain one!" Ugh.
Speaking of ugh.....today Kyle had a football game. They play at an athletic complex with football fields, soccer fields, and baseball diamonds, so it's a pretty large space. The only restrooms are port-a-potties...here's where the ugh comes in...so Emma announces that she has to go. I take her to the closest one and when we get into this nasty thing, I remember that she's wearing bib overalls. So I have to take her jacket off, to get the bibs off, so she can go. Plus it's just disgusting in there so I'm constantly telling her not to touch anything and to watch out, ect. I realize that they don't have any toilet paper, but luckily I had some Kleenex in my pocket for her to wipe with. I get her all undone and hold her over the pot. It's the longest piss she's ever had and I'm holding her about 2 inches off the seat, so my arms are shaking. Then she notices a nasty corn filled turd in the toilet and has to continually turn her head to look at it. And talk about it to no end. "will you just forget about the poop and hurry up?!" I say to her several times, with my arms shaking. Needless to say, a simple bathroom break turned into a bacteria filled fiasco.
I've been realizing more and more lately that getting old sucks ass. Not a really profound observation as everyone knows that, but still, I didn't think I'd be this rickety at 34. I have arthritis in my back and as the years go by it gets worse. So every morning I wake up and rise out of bed like Frankenstein because I can't bend my back until I get limbered up. Fire bad! Anyway, a couple of months back I noticed at kind of an inopportune moment....whilst fucking....that my hip was really out of whack. Like really painful, couldn't move it the way I normally do, kind of stuff. I've always been very flexible and took it for granted. So now my one leg/hip is totally stiff all the time and the other is normal. I can only sit half Indian-style and it looks weird. Excuse me...that's not politically correct anymore, I can only sit half cross-legged. ;)

No comments: