Sunday, September 10, 2006

Crop for the Cure

Well, it's over. It was a great event, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, but it was a loooooooong day. My feet were killing me. I was an idiot and wore a newer pair of shoes to stand in all day long. I'd wore them before and didn't have issues, but not for 12 hours of walking/standing. Lesson learned. I was full of issues last night though, because I had a weird bump on my stomach that I would have sworn was a hernia. It's better today, but still a little abnormal feeling. I'll add that to the list of rickety old lady problems that I need to go to the doctor for. I think, and I don't have the final totals yet, that we raised somewhere around $16,000. Our goal was $15,000, so that is awesome. I also won one of the silent auction items for a kids birthday party package at Backyard Adventures. It's a place that sells wooden outdoor play structures, but they have a showroom that they rent out for parties. The best part is that is doesn't expire until Dec. 31st of 2007, so we've got plenty of time to use it.
Kyle's first football game got rained out today. I was kind of glad because I wasn't in the mood for anymore walking/standing. Plus I hadn't seen the kids much of Friday or any of Saturday, so it was nice to just hang out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome you ladies raised so much money. What an accomplishment!

WAY TO GO!