Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Emma's first day of preschool

So this was the day that Emma has been looking forward to since Kyle started school. It went well for her. Not so much for me. Not like I was weepy or some shit, but that I had to clean a house before I took her, plus had other errands to do and the class was only an hour long for orientation so I had to stay for the entire time. It was way more formal that I was expecting. Last years preschool was like daycare....you drop them off, say hi and bye, and then you're done. But here there is a drop off/pick up routine, nametags, background checks, ect. All of which I'm cool with, just wasn't expecting it. Plus this preschool is part of a church and the building was like a compound. Hallways here, there and everywhere. At one point we were led up one staircase and down another. I had no idea where I was. Plus I am so used to old-timey Catholic churches with just a basement and some crappy house next door for the nuns to live in. This place had offices, sitting rooms, classrooms, and even a gymnasium. Apparently the collection plate is full every Sunday. They did discuss some of the bible based teaching they were going to do with the kids, which was nice, because Emma is going to need all the God she can get. ;) She had a blast and is going to love it. Here are a couple of pics:



My favorite part of these pictures is her bag. They gave them each a bag to decorate however they liked. Emma wanted red paint and insisted that everything she painted be red. So the bag looks like the Meredith Drive preschool bloodbath.

No comments: