Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My kids

I love it when little kids use big words or sound like adults. I tried really hard when Kyle was little to speak to him using my normal language instead of baby talk or dumbing things down all the time. So now at the age of eight he says things like "I'd like a sandwich, as well" instead of saying "too". Last week he was in the car and saw something that he thought was crazy and exclaimed "That's insanitary!". I find it hilarious that he is in second grade and has a semi-snooty vocabulary....even if he doesn't always get the words quite right.
Here are some pictures of Kyle at swim lessons doing the backstroke. Whenever I show people pictures of him swimming they say things like " it looks like he's drowning". Yes....I decided to take his picture instead of jumping in to save his life. ;)




Speaking of kids and the funny things they say.....Emma has gotten used to us using her full name when she is in trouble. Even Kyle does it when he is scolding her. "Emma Nicole, you get out of there!" he'll say. So in return Emma has started doing that to Kyle only she'll calls him "Kyle Nicole". Funny....but he doesn't really appreciate it. ;)

T

No comments: