Monday, April 24, 2006

Emma's first haircut and a movie review

Little Miss Emma had her first haircut on Friday at Kiddle's salon in Clive. I highly recommend it. They had a ton of kid things to sit on/play with/look at. Plus the gal doing the cutting was really good with her. Emma didn't speak one word while we were there. Just nodded and acted shy....which meant for an easy time getting her to sit still. We really didn't have too much taken off.....3 inches and then some layering. But it's already making a difference in terms of brushing it out. They gave her a certificate and kept some hair in a little baggie. It was pretty damn cute.









So I finally saw Brokeback Mountain the other night. I was all jazzed about my hottie dude on dude love story, but it just ended up pissing me off. Heath looked hot in it and at first you can't help but feel bad for him....but as the story went on the more he just made me angry. He was all tortured and tormented and all of that, but as a woman/wife/mother I was totally pissed at him for lying and cheating on his wife the entire time they were married. Regardless of cheating with another dude or whatever, he was still cheating and leaving her home alone to raise his kids.
Shame on you naughty Heath!
On a side note....there they were, on the side of a mountain, getting it on in a tent after eating can after can of beans with no shower or toilet.....I'm not a gay man, but I'm pretty sure I know how things work.....and beans should not be part of the equation.

T

No comments: