Monday, February 26, 2007

Fever induced ramblings

I took Kyle to the doctor today and as it turns out, he has strep. He is on amoxicillan now and is sleeping. His fever spiked at around 103 degrees on Saturday night. He came into our room crying and told me that he had to throw up. I took him in the bathroom and sure enough, he puked. I took his temp and told him he could lay in my bed as long as he didn't puke in it. He laid down and I laid next to him. Rob went down to the couch. I had just fallen asleep when I awoke to have this crazy ass conversation:


Kyle: Kevin? (my nephew)
Kyle: Kevin?!
Me: Honey, it's Mommy, lay down
Kyle: Hi
Me: Hi, lay down and go to sleep
(a few minutes pass and I start to fall asleep again)
Kyle: (yelling in my face) You are invincible!!!!
Me: Jesus, Kyle! Shhhhhhh, lay down and go to sleep
Kyle: (still yelling)You are invincible!
Me: Kyle, hush. You are going to wake up your sister.
Kyle:(grabbing my arm and shaking it) Rrrrrroar, Grrrrrrr, Rrrrroar!
Me: SHHHHHHHHHHH! Stop that and lay down.
(another few minutes go by)
Kyle: (crying) Mommy?
Me: What, baby?
Kyle: If we go on a field trip, I don't want to go on any scary rides, ok?
Me: Ok honey, now lay down and go to sleep.


Of course the next morning he remembered none of it and thought it was hilarious when I relayed the story.

No comments: