Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Ice skating

We've decided that we need to make our own wintery type activities as Mother Nature is not helping us out, so I took the kids ice skating today. They opened up a new rink in downtown Des Moines and it was small and cute and really was geared towards the non-skater. There was a grab bar all the way around and it might have been because it was about 45 degrees, but the ice wasn't super hard so you kind of got your grip a little easier. Last winter I took Emma to the ISU hockey arena and we fell down constantly, but today I didn't fall once. And I know it's not because I'm getting any better. ;) So here are the customary highlight photos:




2 comments:

Kelly said...

Where's that at downtown? I've heard a lot about it but didn't know where it was. Looks like a fun time!

Kelly

Trish said...

It's at Brenton Plaza on the corner of Grand and Robert Ray Dr. www.brentonplaza.com