Friday, December 01, 2006

Get this!

So when we got back from MN after Thanksgiving we had a ton of messages on our answering machine from people wanting to get estimates on roofing. We had no idea what the hell wsa up with that, but then the calls kept coming. Finally I found out from some guy that this roofing company in town had our number on their yellow pages ad. The new phone books came out last week and sure enough in bold type is our number in the ad. I looked them up under the business section and their real number is only one digit off from ours. I called them to let them know what had happened and the lady was like "you've got to be kidding?!....do you know how much we had to pay for that ad?". I didn't know what the phone company could do, but I figured these people should still call and bitch. I was not very excited about the prospect of answering all of this company's calls for the next year. So today a guy called from some law office representing "Dex"...aka, the phone book". I was thinking that the roofing company must have really given them hell if it had already been sent to litigation. Anyway, so the guy said that the phone company "is prepared to offer us $300 to change our number". Holy shit! He gave us the weekend to "think it over" so I'm going to act really put out by it and see if they'll give us more. ;)

1 comment:

Sincerely Iowa said...

Hell yeah, you need to change your phone number!

I'd try for at least $1,000 out of the deal!

Tell them you've recently moved, and you've already sent all your family and friends your new number. (which is true)