Sunday, October 15, 2006

Insolence!

Check out what my family did to me today.......

I made a chicken and sweet potato dish for dinner tonight. I put it in the oven and then went on my merry way of doing the dishes, laundry, etc. When it was done, I took it out and set it on the counter to cool. Then I came down to the office to make a couple of phone calls and mess around on the computer for awhile. About a half hour later I hear the clanking of silverware on dishes. I listen for a few minutes thinking that maybe someone is setting the table. I wait a couple more minutes and then go upstairs. There they were.....all 3 of them, sitting at the table having dinner as if there were an invisible woman who cooks their food, but never dines with them. I say "what the hell is this?!". They all turn to look at me with "what's the problem?" facial expressions. "So I'm good enough to make your food, but I'm not good enough to eat it?", I say. Then comes the ramblings of...we thought you were busy, we thought you were on the phone, we didn't know you were hungry...blah blah blah. The worst part is that I kind of expect that stuff from Rob as he only had 2 organs that he thinks with...one of which is his stomach.....but the kids?! That neither one of them said "where's Mommy?". Oh the disrespect!!!! ;)

1 comment:

Sincerely Iowa said...

This is typical of my family, too. LOL Sounds so much like something they would do.