Friday, October 20, 2006

Getting ready for Halloween

Tomorrow we are having our mom's group Halloween party here. I've cleaned out the garage and set up a haunted house of sorts. Nothing too scary as there will be little kids Emma's age here, but black lights, a fog machine and some scary music ought to do the trick. Today I made caramel apples, which I've never done before. What a mess! I had visions of using a double boiler and somehow they'd come out picture perfect. Whatever. I wound up just melting the caramel in a glass measuring cup in the microwave and dunking each apple individually. They aren't pretty, but I'm sure they'll taste good. I also planned on having the kids bob for apples. A friend suggessted that instead of using water, that I use popcorn so it woud easier and less wet for the little kids. So today I popped, and I popped and I popped popcorn....like a 64 oz bag of kernels. The house completely smells like caramel and popcorn. Not a bad combo. :)
Kyle is going to be a vampire, so today Emma and I headed over to the theatrical shop in Valley Junction to get some vampire teeth. I had thought that maybe Emma might be scared in there as there are monsters and all kinds of scary props/costumes. So we get there and start looking around. She is completely unaffected by the giant skeletons, severed heads, aliens, coffins, ect. There was even one of the employees dressed up like the devil and she didn't even flinch. Then another employee dressed as a Wizard walks by and she freaks. A fucking wizard! Just a damn robe and pointy hat and she was crawling up my leg, yelling "NO!". That child is nuts.

No comments: