Monday, July 24, 2006

A speeding ticket

On my way to drop videos off at Hollywood, I was pulled over for speeding. $63 for going 40 in a 35 mph zone. Come on! Then hottie cop had the audacity to say "Welcome to Ankeny" as he was handing the ticket to me. Back in my youth I could have sweet talked my way out of a ticket, as a matter of fact I have, many times over, but those days are gone. Now I'm referred to as "ma'am" because apparently I'm 80. And certainly there was no way my double chin and crow's feet were getting me out of anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the cop (hottie or not) even stopped you for only going 5 over. Mark got a ticket out that way the other day, $83 for less than 10 over, I think.

mrednorb said...

A ticket for 5 over?!! Apparently he was bored...gesh

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»