Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Money

I fucking hate money shit. Especially since I'm the one who does all of our book keeping/finances. So if anything is awry it's my fault. I yearn to blame things on others. ;) We got our taxes back a few weeks ago and I'm totally anal about not having bills, so we paid off everything. Then, the bill for our car insurance came in yesterday. Shit! We pay every six months so it's a pretty large bill and I completely forgot about it. Now we are scrambling because on top of it all, Rob has been dead at work and not getting his 40 hours in per week. Ugh, one thing on top of another....I hate that. Anyway, so today I go to the bank to deposit a couple of cleaning checks and the chick tells me I'm overdrawn by $.71 and that I'll have a $26 finance charge because of it. ARRRGGG!!! Apparently a check that I'd written to Kyle's school on December 19th was posted today. Of course, I forgot all about it as it's been over 3 months since I wrote it, and I immediately started yelling at the bank girl that there must be a 90 period or something for checks that hadn't been cashed, etc. And then she referred to me as "ma'am" and told me that checks had 6 months to be cashed.
So there I sat in the bank drive up wondering how I was going juggle things around after this, pissed that the bank girl thinks I'm old enough to be a "ma'am" and really pissed that I had no one to blame my money issues on but myself.
I fucking hate money shit.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sorry Trish! We have been there and done that many times. John has been slow too and last week they all only got 18 hours. It SUCKED!! Fortunately he was able to work for a contractor friend all week so that made up for it.

Sincerely Iowa said...

You've been tagged, darling!