Friday, March 09, 2007

Dragonlance


OK, so I admit it. I am a reader of sci/fi fantasy novels. I have been reading Dragonlance since I was about 15. With over 150 books in the series, it is possible to read them for 2 decades. I am a little embarrassed about the whole "I must go play D&D" (spoken in Conan O'Brien geek speak) nerdishness that is associated with sword and sorcery type books, but I can't help it. I love them. If a book takes place on Earth, I'm just not interested. Middle-Earth, yes...Earth-Earth, no. ;) And being female the stereotype isn't so bad....I still got laid in high school. Guys certainly don't care about what books you read, just that you said yes to their pathetic attempts to "woo" you.
Anyway, my point is that they are making a Dragonlance movie. Something I've been waiting for, for a long time. It's animated, but that's OK. So I was looking at the official movie site today and holy hell if they haven't got Lex Luther (Michael Rosenbaum) and Jack Bauer (Keifer Sutherland) doing two of the main character voices. Oh and Zena, warrior princess (Lucy Lawless) doing another. I guess I should reserve judgement until I've seen it, but none of these people would have even crossed my mind for those roles.
Sorry, I'm sure this means nothing to anyone who has never read these books, but I was really quite surprised and felt like bringing it up.

http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/

1 comment:

Heidi @ Trendy Dollar said...

My first visit here! I'm in Iowa too - not so far away from you. Glad I found you - I'll be back!