Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spring time, my ass

It snowed yesterday. About 4 inches according to the news. Some of it melted, but some is still sticking around annoying the shit out of me. I planted tulips last fall and they were just starting to come up when all this cold weather happened. I hope they aren't dead. :(
On a happier note, last weekend I went to see two movies....well three actually considering that one was the Tarantino/Rodriguez double feature, Grindhouse. It was full of raunchy, disgusting gore and was great. Rose McGowan had a hilarious machine gun leg. Classic. I've read that most people liked the zombie Rodriguez film "Planet Terror" better, but I was partial to the Tarantino "Death Proof". It was funny and had kick ass women in it. The fake movie trailers they had in between the movies were great too, especially the one called "Thanksgiving". At one point they showed the serial killer fucking a turkey. God damn, I was laughing my ass off.
I also saw "Blades of Glory". Typical, funny Will Ferrell stuff. I'd recommend it.

2 comments:

Heidi @ Trendy Dollar said...

Blades of Glory - I need your advice. My kids REALLY want to see that, but they are 10 and 7. We took them to Talladega Nights and had to slump down in our seats so nobody would see us there. I don't shelter them, but when he started making out with his sister, that was it for us!

Trish said...

There were people in there with kids as young as Emma's age (4), but I wouldn't have brought either one of mine. First because it was rated PG-13 for crude sexual stuff, and secondly because I wanted to have fun, not be concerned with my kids. My favorite line was "did you shred some ice....with your weiner?!" ;)