Sunday, April 22, 2007

My little left fielder

This past Saturday was Kyle's first baseball game. Ever. Pretty much all of the other kids on his team had played before. Kyle had taken t-ball when he was 6, but showed no interest and we never did it again. Then last summer, when my nephew was playing Kyle asked if he could play this year. He even got a glove and bat for his birthday. Rob isn't really into watching baseball on tv and I couldn't care less, so poor Kyle doesn't really have a lot of baseball knowledge. So of course, when he was put on the field, he was in the outfield, but that was fine with him. They did put him at second base for awhile and thank God for the short stop because Kyle really wasn't sure what a second baseman's job is. It really surprised me that even though I tried to make it well known that Kyle had never played before, the coaches.....including my husband, just expected that he would just know what to do. Kyle struck out both times up at bat. He was embarrassed because he swung at every pitch, but I figure eventually he'll hit one. He throws hard, and hits hard, so when he does hit one, it's going to go way out there. Now he just has to hit one. ;)

No comments: