Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tractor and fishing

I don't think this post could get anymore redneck........
A week or so ago I was at a garage sale where someone was selling a John Deere riding lawn mower....which I refer to as a riding lawn mower, although aficionados tell me it's really a lawn "tractor"....whatever. Anyway, they were selling it for $75. We'd been wanting one since our lot is kind of large by my standards and takes quite some time to mow with the push mower. So after researching new riding lawn mowers and gasping at the price of John Deere, $75 at a yard sale was sounding mighty nice. So after about $40 in parts and a new seat....here is the final, actually working, product:



Yesterday, Memorial day, Rob wanted to take the kids fishing. So we did, even though there is almost anything I'd rather do. Emma was the only one to catch anything but it fell off the hook right as she was reeling it in. We were teasing Kyle that if there were a contest for most weeds caught, he'd win. Although Rob was giving him a run for his money. Then it started to rain, so were were soggy by the time we got back to the car.



No comments: