Thursday, August 14, 2008

First day of school






Today Emma started kindergarten and Kyle started 5th grade. Both had a pretty easy time of it, reminding me of when my brother and I started kindergarten and the 5th grade.....only one of us had an easy time with that, though. My brother had a shit fit and had to be carried into the school over the principal's shoulder to my utter 5th grade embarrassment. None of that for Emma. She was a trooper and couldn't wait for me to get the hell out of there. I ran some errands and then came home. I was waiting around to see if I'd cry or get emotional about my baby starting kindergarten. Apparently we're both cold hearted bitches. ;) Kyle was cool about it too...like being patient and helpful with Emma. Interestingly enough, he is in the same class with my niece, Andrea, so I got a quick pic of those two before class started.

1 comment:

Sincerely Iowa said...

Hard to believe how old they are already! They look so BIG!

We start on Monday and I can't wait!