Monday, April 28, 2008

Book Review

I read the cheesiest, crapfest of a book this weekend. Let me start by saying that I've only recently started reading things other than my typical fantasy/knights/wizards stuff, so I couldn't just jump straight into Harlequin romance. Instead, I've been reading some horny vampire stories. They've been fun and entertaining for the most part without a lot of emotional involvement. I saw the cover of this next book called "Dark Lover" and thought.....okay, I'll give it a try.

Holy hell. It was laughable and at some points I even found myself being embarrassed for the author. I don't know why I suffered though it, but I guess I'm just into self torture. I found myself cringing at the dialog between the supposed tough guys. No straight guy in the history of the planet has ever uttered the cheesetastic lines these guys did. Like telling each other they "look fabulous" and knowing one another for a matter of hours and already calling each other by nicknames. I had no idea that vampires were so friendly. ;)
One of the worst lines has got to be: "He looked like he was smuggling paint rollers under his skin." WTF?!!!! That is the nastiest simile I've ever heard to describe 6 pack abs. Talk about not hot.
Oh, and I can't forget to mention the names.....get this.....Zsadist, Rhage, Phury, Tohrment. Can anyone say Rhetarded?

No comments: